Black & Veatch Timberline Estimating Software Manager – Discipline Estimator in Overland Park, Kansas
Timberline Estimating Software Manager – Discipline Estimator
Assists in preparation and review of lump sum, unit rate and cost plus estimates and in preparation of conceptual estimating cost analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manager Timberline Database
• Develop quantities
• Performs productivity analysis of construction operations
• Prepares direct labor estimates, distributable or contractors indirect cost estimates
• Prepares contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
• Performs comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
• Prepares management presentations
• Updates and maintain historical cost data
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
5 to 10 years of relevant experience is required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• BS or MS graduate in Construction Management or related field is preferred, but not required.
• Timberline Database Experience
• Manage multiple projects
Project estimating Experience
• Project controls experience
Successful Candidates will Possess:
• Complex estimating principles/procedures
• Cost principles/procedures
• Mathematical/Calculating skills
• Project design scopes
• Consulting skills
• Analytical skills
• Interpret and understand specifications and contracts
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Presentation skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.