Black & Veatch Thermal Performance Testing Engineer in Overland Park, Kansas
Thermal Performance Testing Engineer
Provide technical leadership, guidance, support, training and expertise in performance testing of fossil and combined cycle power plant systems with emphasis on net plant performance testing, combustion turbine generator performance testing, heat recovery steam generator performance testing, steam turbine generator performance testing, as well as heat rejection system testing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Must have experience in planning, coordination, and conducting combined cycle and/or coal fired power plant performance testing based on ASME Performance Test Protocols. The applicant should be able to proactively and independently:
• Communicate with internal and external customers regarding testing activities, schedules and technical issues,
• Prepare performance testing protocols and procedures,
• Conduct field performance testing,
• Analyze test data, calculate test results and diagnose test performance,
• Prepare performance testing reports.
The applicant should have an interest and some knowledge of the following areas:
• Heat balance modeling using GTPro, Gate Cycle, Thermoflow, or similar performance modeling programs;
• Conceptual design studies and feasibility studies;
• Cycle optimization
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ years experience with planning, coordination, and conducting of power plant performance tests.
• Detailed knowledge of ASME Performance Test Protocols PTC 46, PTC 4, PTC 22, PTC 4.4, PTC 6, and PTC 19.1.
• Ability to work in a power plant environment.
• Willingness to travel to power plant locations world-wide.
• Fluent in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Microsoft Suite, Programming in MS Visual Basic for Applications, Gate Cycle, Thermoflow or similar performance modeling programming
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.