Black & Veatch Sr Treasury Manager, Project Support in Overland Park, Kansas
Sr Treasury Manager, Project Support
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2014 were US $3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
We have been and continue to experience tremendous growth both domestically and globally where this role based out of our world headquarters can make a significant impact to deliver the Global Treasury Project based leadership and support services needed to assist B&V leadership in our mission statement of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
Manages Treasury Project Support with responsibility for company-wide surety bonds, letters of credit, and foreign exchange. Serves as subject matter expert and trusted business advisor to senior management and project teams. Negotiates language for client contracts and provides recommendations and solutions for complex financial requirements. Provides hedging analysis for project and Corporate foreign currency risk exposure. Maintains ongoing relationships with brokers, surety and banking partners. Responsible for management of project support professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Negotiate surety bond and Letter of Credit (LOC) language and coordinate acceptance by banks and sureties • Provide advice to business lines on project structuring and financial solutions for LOCs, bonds and Foreign Exchange (FX)• Participate as advisor in the Proposal Review Board • Maintain ongoing relationship with brokers, surety providers, and banking partners • Chair FX Currency Committee and facilitate agenda and meetings • Lead Company-Wide FX management and development of FX policies and guidelines • Coordinate with joint venture / consortium partners to provide solutions on project structuring and favorable contract terms.
Forecasting/Analysis & Planning:
• Forecast future bond and LOC capacity needs to meet anticipated growth of company •Develop LOC and surety fees budgets and forecasts
• Manage Dodd Frank requirements for FX compliance. • Manage OUS international bank requirements for cash repatriation.
• Review bond, LOC, and hedge schedules for accuracy • Complete quarterly analysis for the Management Discussion and Analysis of Financial Conditions and Results of Operation (MD&A).
Primary Internal Clients:
• Regular interactions with senior management and executives: Legal, Tax, Financial Reporting, Statutory Accounting, Treasury, DFOs, Proposal and Project Teams • External Clients: • Domestic & International Banks, Surety Companies, Surety Brokers, Joint Venture and Consortium Partners
Supervisory & Resource Management: •
Provides direction to an assigned group. Oversees performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development. • Leads development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes for the assigned workgroup • Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities. Champions continuous improvement efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Supervisory experience preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Certified Treasury Professional (CTA), a plus.
Preferred Technical Competencies: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Black & Veatch Financial Systems & Document Sharing, Knowledge of foreign currency, risk management, and contract terms and conditions.
Customer Focus • Written and Verbal Communication • Business Acumen • Global Business Knowledge • Negotiating • Problem Solving• Prioritization• Team Player
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.