Black & Veatch Software Quality Assurance Manager in Overland Park, Kansas
Software Quality Assurance Manager
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Contract-to-Hire opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Manager who has the responsibility and authority to verify that the requirements of the organization’s Quality Assurance Program are implemented and maintained. This quality assurance program establishes the procedures of the management, planning, design, implementation, licensing, procurement, installation, and evaluation of the products, infrastructure and/or services developed, acquired or performed by the Black & Veatch’s IT organization. Responsible for the effective development and implementation of programs to ensure that all information systems, products, and services meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. Administers change control process for zero defect software development. Ensures adequate product testing prior to implementation. Administers problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution and root cause analyses. Acts in coordination with functional business’ and outsourced suppliers’ quality assurance peers. The QA Manager shall be responsible for training other associates in the practices of quality assurance program and ensuring procedure updates and conformance to support the greater Black & Veatch business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating Transformative Technologies group's software quality control program. This includes working in an Agile Team environment developing and executing on a strategy to ensure the group's products meet all internal and external requirements before reaching our customers.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, focused on excellence, experienced in creating test cases, testing automation, and executing on test cases both manual and automated.
Core Duties and Responsibilities include:
•Managing the software quality assurance program for Transformative Technologies group.
•Provide thought leadership that leads to software quality process improvements
•Review requirements and setup test strategy to ensure tests will be traceable to requirements
•Develop, document, execute, and maintain clear concise test cases, plans, scripts, and procedures.
•Document and report on application bugs by providing specific reproducible examples
•Record and analyze all test results.
•Perform automated testing on assigned projects
•Test and validate application data through the use of SQL.
•Follow the Agile/Scrum development processes.
• Leads and supports process improvement activities
• Provides training and guidance on the requirements of the quality assurance program and quality requirements.
• Initiates corrective or preventive action activities related to QA procedures
• Performs process assessments
• Assists in audits following the guidelines and standards of NQA-1, CFR50 Appendix A, NERC /SIP. North American Reliability Council and ISO standards.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person."
Bachelors degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent work experience. In addition to the education requirements, 5 years related experience in Information Technology Quality Assurance. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Must Have Working Knowledge Of:
•Web application development life cycles
•Agile testing best practices
•Ability to create and execute SQL queries
•Microsoft C# Testing methodologies
•Testing life-cycle management
•Experience in maintaining system, programming and/or operations documentation, including user manuals is preferred.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
•One or more years of programming/development experience
•Experience with Team Foundation Server or other Defect Tracking system.
• Communication Skills. Speaks effectively, fosters open communication, listens to others, delivers presentations, and prepares written communications.
• Interpersonal Skills. Builds relationships, leverages networks, values diversity, and resolves conflict.
• Self-Management Skills. Acts with integrity, demonstrates adaptability, multi-tasks and develops oneself.
• Thinking Skills. Solves problems, analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, and innovates.
• Customer Service Skills. Uses correct questioning techniques, effectively handles complaints and criticisms, understands customers’ expectations and wants, and follows through on commitments.
• Motivation Skills. Drives for results and shows work commitment.
• Leadership Skills. Provides direction, influences others, fosters teamwork, coaches and develops others, champions change.
• Organizational Knowledge. Uses technical/functional expertise, focuses on customer needs, and knows the business.
• Administrative Skills. Establishes plans, manages structure and staff, coordinate with third parties, develops systems and processes, manages execution, and works efficiently.
• Technical Acumen. Has expert knowledge of IT industry standards and guidelines, testing methodologies, quality assurance/quality control methodologies, project development practices, and configuration management practices.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.