Black & Veatch RF Engineer 4 - Mentum Planet Designer in Overland Park, Kansas
RF Engineer 4 - Mentum Planet Designer
Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables including performing research, developing recommendations and preparing engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Designs a complete project of moderately complex scope within an assigned practice area(s)
• Actively coordinates with team members including the client, project management and other disciplines
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
• Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry
• Participates in application and development of internal and external engineering standards
• May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Proficient in InfoVista Planet and can demonstrate experience within the last 3 years
• Can perform RF coverage analysis independently and review the work of others
• 5 years related work experience
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
• Specialization in wireless
• Experience in the Utility industry
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Written Communications
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and standards
• Advanced knowledge of RF principles such as link budgets, clutter and associated attenuation, interference, modulation techniques, antenna configurations, spectral efficiency, etc
• Intermediate knowledge of RF technologies, such as land mobile radio, point-to multipoint radio, mesh and LTE, including traffic/capacity planning and supporting network architectures
• Intermediate knowledge of industry trends, such as FCC regulations and plans, including various frequency bands and their power limits, license status and use cases
• Exposure to other RF planning software packages, such as Pathloss 5, EDX Signal Pro, etc., as well as Google Earth, ArcGIS or other GIS software
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.