Black & Veatch Quality Control Coordinator 2 - Power and Oil & Gas in Overland Park, Kansas
Quality Control Coordinator 2 - Power and Oil & Gas
Coordinates shop inspection activities for assigned projects. Communicates the specific inspection requirements to the respective Inspectors and scheduling the inspections in support of the project schedule. Primary liaison to the project teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for OneSIM data entry.
• Reviews Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and project schedule to plan for needed shop inspections on respective, assigned projects. Provides feedback on types and amounts of inspections based on previous experience, current market conditions, selected supplier, geographical location, etc.
• Reviews selected supplier fabrication schedules and makes adjustments to ITP schedules.
• Participates in project meetings, providing QC shop inspection updates as required, communicating relevant information and updates ITPs.
• Interfaces for development of respective shop inspection documentation packages, identification of unique inspection requirements and any other aspects to highlight or communicate in support of shop inspection activities.
• Coordinates selection of Inspector, obtaining input from management, and forwards inspection documentation packages in support of project schedule.
• Reviews shop inspection reports for content quality, completion, clarity and consistency and identify improvement.
• Files, reproduces, distributes, logs and retrieves data from reports.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of 2 years quality experience without a degree, minimum of 1 year with a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Four (4) year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or related discipline
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Project Management Systems
• Travel Schedule System, Time Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
• Communications Systems, including Web Conferencing
• Knowledge of budget and cost process and tools
• Multi-Tasking capabilities
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve)
• Expense Reporting System, Policies and Procedures
• Working group’s Policies and Procedures
• Division Administrative & Project Polices and Procedures
• Knowledge of quality standards and practices
• Knowledge of EPC industry, contracting strategies, contract administration
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Ability to effectively interface with internal and external clients and governmental officials
• Action oriented
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Drives results
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.