Black & Veatch Project Controls Sr Analyst - Cost Controller in Overland Park, Kansas
Project Controls Sr Analyst - Cost Controller
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Senior level position assigned to either a role in Planning/Scheduling, Cost Engineering, Project Controls Management or a combination. Under general supervision, competently performs all aspects of planning/scheduling, cost analysis, and field project assignments according to training, capability and experience. Provides some guidance to less experienced project controls personnel. Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Has project team supervisory responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expected to track incurred cost against establish budget
• Interfaces with internal and external clients to identify and mitigate budget issues
• Trending and Forecasting
• Act as liaison between Subcontractor and Client
• Change Management
• Quantity Surveying (Quantity Tracking)
• Ability to administer Vendors and Subcontractor
• Experience with Vendors accruals and/or Unrecorded Liability reporting
• Weekly Actual against Budget reporting
• Administer Subcontractor’s Invoice Approval process
Prefer a four-year Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management or nontechnical Bachelor’s degree with business and computer software courses plus six (6) years or more of relevant Cost Control, Planning & Scheduling in Home Office or Field Office experience including experience in training and directing others, OR eight (8) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Planning • Process Management • Building Effective Teams • Directing Others • Confronting Direct Reports • Motivating Others Preferred Technical Competencies: • Computer skills • Leadership skills • Knowledge in key scheduling processes • Knowledge in key cost control processes • Intermediate communication skills • Intermediate listening and understanding skills • Intermediate problem solver
• Proficient in the use of Excel and/or MS Access
• Understanding of Estimating functions
• Ability to create ad hoc databases or automated tables for budgeting and cost collection
• Knowledgeable in SAP, Oracle, or any other enterprise accounting systems
• Understands cost controls principles as described in the AACE and PMI
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to solve problems
• Work under minimal supervision
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.