Black & Veatch Program Manager – Project Management Development in Overland Park, Kansas
Program Manager – Project Management Development
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2013 were US $3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
The HR Vision for Black & Veatch involves strategically partnering with the business units to build and maintain a corporate culture that enhances the identification, management, development and engagement of global talent. The HR mission for the organization is to provide high quality, comprehensive, and cost competitive human resource services and solutions to help Black & Veatch better manage its business.
We have been and continue to experience tremendous global growth where this role based out of our world headquarters can make a significant impact to deliver the Learning & Development solutions and services needed to assist B&V leadership in our mission statement of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
Responsible for the conceptual design and execution of the company-wide Project Management Development Program strategies and plans to ensure project management talent is developed in accordance with company-wide strategies and tactics. Guides development and assures implementation of learning programs by ensuring the design, development, implementation and assessment metrics are in place for all learning and development solutions. Operates as a performance consultant who analyzes organizational, group and individual performance needs, then develops and delivers solutions to close the gaps. Directly reports and works as part of a global learning and development team. Facilitates advisory groups to guide creation and delivery of content.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with all levels of business and project leaders to assess strategic needs and develop learning and knowledge management solutions for project managers across all business units; ensures all initiatives are supported and represent a true “One Black & Veatch” solution.
• Influences strategic direction of global Project Management learning and development initiatives; works through business advisory teams and collaborates closely with talent development professionals across business units.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with Project Management leadership and professionals. Establishes open and trusting relationships. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management.
• Works across business units to guide the development and delivery of learning content to support B&V’s company-wide Project Management practices to include all aspects of project execution, including leadership, management and technical skills. Also includes leading and facilitating Project Management Steering Committee meetings to identify top priorities.
• Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver learning solutions using contemporary learning methods and principles. Creates performance support actions and content to reinforce and sustain learning events.
• Utilizes multiple learning methods and technologies to deliver learning solutions, including in-person classroom, virtual classroom, self-study, phone/conference, video sessions, CoPs, blogs, blended learning, OJT and Electronic Performance Support.
• Provides program management of initiatives such as curriculum and career development. Creates detailed project plans for each program.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the learning solutions and provides metrics summarizing their effectiveness.
• Partners and collaborates with Business and Regional HR staff, Corporate Talent Development, and Business Operations leadership to assist in assessing and building learning solutions.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and change management steps associated with the implementation and acceptance of learning solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, education and/or communications.
Experience: 8+ years of experience in training and development, project management, facilitation in matrix and project focused organizations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Industry experience with project management and an understanding of overall EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) processes
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations to all levels, including executives
• Able to independently develop complex training solutions
• Able to provide instructional design expertise to technical experts in the development of technical training programs
• Working knowledge of training methodologies, contemporary learning design, needs assessment and measurement.
• Intermediate knowledge of human resource and learning systems
• Advanced project administration and prioritization skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Conflict management and facilitation skills
• Advanced needs assessment and performance consulting skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint, Learning Management Systems, E-learning technologies
• Strong business partnering and collaboration experience; strong creative thinking skills
• Supervision and team development experience
• Knowledge of utility or engineering and construction industry
• Global project management experience; PM/PFM or similar background
• Global training experience
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.