Black & Veatch Network Manager in Overland Park, Kansas
Responsible for the delivery of next generation network technology aligned to overall IT and business strategy within the global enterprise. Works with the CTO, CISO, and Directors of Application Delivery, infrastructure and PMO to coordinate delivery of technology. This position works under broad direction of the Director of Global IT Performance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes complex business needs and recommends technical solutions
• Designs and establishes mature management and monitoring operational capabilities tied to next gen network technologies
• Provides Enterprise Architectural oversight for the delivery of technology
• Provides execution guidance to the PMO on the delivery of technology projects
• Produces and delivers strategic technology presentations for Business leadership, IT leadership, and technology vendors
• Provides strategic vendor management for all vendors delivering technology solutions
• Documents complex technical concepts in a business consumable way
• Prioritizes and balances IT portfolios to ensure alignment and project delivery excellence
• Identifies and manages issues and risk resolution
• Performs periodic operational audits using a standard audit process, both onshore and offshore
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Network Manager.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Technology or related field) preferred or equivalent experience. Master's degree (in business or related field) preferred.
Typically 10 years' related experience. Experience in EPC industry preferred. 5 years' experience as a Network Administrator preferred. Experience with Cisco Systems and Palo Alto equipment, preferred.
• Understanding of a broad range of technologies at the architecture level and at a business process/impact level. These include but are not limited to core network technologies, systems for enterprise work process, mobility, data management and cloud-based computing.
• Strong communication skills; able to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and general audiences.
• Strong presentation skills; able to effectively present complex technical concepts in business consumable language.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strategic technology planning, execution and policy development.
• Strong leadership skills; demonstrates ability to build consensus and respect for discretion.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.