Black & Veatch MW Design Specialist in Overland Park, Kansas
MW Design Specialist
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables including performing research, developing recommendations and preparing engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Designs a complete project of moderately complex scope within an assigned practice area(s)
• Actively coordinates with team members including the client, project management and other disciplines
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
• Recognized as a technical specialist by the division having in-depth knowledge of an engineering process and/or of technical aspects of an industry
• Participates in application and development of internal and external engineering standards
• Provide support to business development or pursuit activities
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Proficient in MW Design and has experience with implementing the industry leading MW equipment manufactures and can demonstrate experience within the last 3 years
10 years related work experience.
Specialized experience that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Written Communications
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Customer Focus
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and standards
• Advanced knowledge of RF principles such as link budgets, clutter and associated attenuation, interference, modulation techniques, antenna configurations, spectral efficiency, etc
• Intermediate knowledge of RF technologies, such as land mobile radio, point-to multipoint radio, mesh and LTE, including traffic/capacity planning and supporting network architectures
• Intermediate knowledge of industry trends, such as FCC regulations and plans, including various frequency bands and their power limits, license status and use cases
• Exposure to other RF planning software packages, such as Pathloss 5, EDX Signal Pro, etc., as well as Google Earth, ArcGIS or other GIS software
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.