Black & Veatch Marketing & Communications Manager, Public Relations in Overland Park, Kansas
Marketing & Communications Manager, Public Relations
Business Line:Corp-Strategic Sales & Mrktng
Black & Veatch is a global leader in engineering, construction and consulting services for the energy, water and communications markets. Our professionals leverage advanced technology and our innovative culture to provide solutions focused on sustainability, resilience and improving the quality of life for communities around the world.
Global Marketing & Communications (GMC) is the global marketing and business development unit that builds strong relationships with external influencers and client decision makers in order to significantly enhance Black & Veatch’s revenue. GMC’s focus is to increase global brand awareness and build client relationships that directly contribute to revenue by deploying innovative marketing and communications solutions. This includes leveraging strong and compelling thought leadership content and having joint goals with sales. With a vision that focuses on revenue, relationships and reputation, GMC collaborates with all of our Business Units to align GMC strategies with the needs of the businesses.
The Marketing & Communications Manager 1 position is a trusted public relations advisor and subject matter expert developing content and leading communications projects that support the company’s revenue growth efforts, reputation and relationships with key stakeholders. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Media Relations, this individual will be based in our Overland Park, KS headquarters. This is a first line leadership position, with responsibility for overseeing one or more related functions or projects in the following areas: public relations, communications including thought leadership, brand awareness and reputation management. Understands and communicates company strategy, vision and mission. Works with company businesses to ensure alignment to functional, business line and company strategies.
Oversees day-to-day operational activities related to Communication. Provides direction to assigned project teams or work groups in a lead project management capacity. Works under minimal supervision.
Critical skill sets include: public relations, social/digital media, SEO, content development, project / campaign management, crisis communications and reputation management. Familiarity with marketing campaigns and marketing automation platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following (professional responsibilities may cross functions as needed):
• Develop/manage company relationships with traditional/digital media
• Manage company reputation communications activities
• Develop/manage crisis communication preparedness
• Project management of communications projects.
• Provide Communications advise to all company businesses.
• Establish priorities; provide work direction and assignments; monitor work to ensure deadlines met; conduct review.
• Influence budget and monitor budget performance.
• Participate in the development and implementation of strategic plans to develop and promote content to increase the brand awareness.
• Manage communications activities. Assign and/or lead projects, develop/review/ edit/ approve content.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with prime, trade, local and social media, creating earned media opportunities.
• Manage projects in support of the marketing function (e.g. lead projects, review/edit/approve marketing materials and collateral).
• Oversee content produced internally or by outside vendors.
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience. 6+ years progressive experience, including 2+ years supervisory.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strong communication knowledge, skills and principles.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work and problem solving.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong digital communications experience and skills.
• Strong knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain media relationships with prime, trade, local and social media outlets.
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills.
• Intermediate supervisory skills.
• Intermediate presentation skills.
• Industry or journalism experience preferred.
• Normal office environment.
• Typing, sitting.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.