Black & Veatch Marketing Analyst in Overland Park, Kansas
The Marketing team generates a large volume of quality, strategic work deliverables across geographies, technologies and scopes. We embrace proactive leadership along with deployment of marketing and applied intelligence expertise that helps the company achieve growth.
Senior-level Energy Marketing position with responsibilities for Strategic Marketing, Business Pursuits, Proposal Messaging, and Market Intelligence functions that serve to advance the company strategies and related business development/sales plans. Helps guide business pursuits, including in-depth knowledge, use and application of CRM systems that track leads and business prospects as part of the sales funnel. Helps generate new business leads through marketing activities that are aligned to business strategies. Understands and articulates the strategy/vision of the assigned business line to multiple stakeholders to help grow the business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads marketing plan development and implementation in alignment with specific business strategies and sales plans.
• Identifies content marketing campaign topics for the assigned business unit that are aligned to the business strategy and works to develop and implement content campaigns that result in qualified leads.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of brochures, collateral, web content and other marketing and communications channels that convey the assigned business lines value proposition and brand messaging. Edits, proofreads and creates compelling communications materials. Reviews and edits content for articles, website, marketing collateral, internal/external publications, news releases, social media and video copy in support of the business line.
• Researches and develops best practices for industry trade and client events, and then implements event strategy for the business.
• Works closely with team members and management to develop schedules, milestones, and priorities for strategic marketing efforts. Responsible for marketing work prioritization, forecasting, scheduling, measuring and coordinating resources within assigned projects.
• Engages in the prospect screening process and helps track/advance pursuits through the sales process. Helps guide the development and implementation of pursuit plans required for statements of qualifications, proposals, and presentations.
• Creates Executive Summary messaging for key proposals, and ensures external messages are aligned with the businesses value propositions. Works with project and proposal team members to identify and highlight key benefits of the company’s service offerings in all proposals and pursuit activities.
• Drives application and use of the company’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM system as part of the Business Development process, including training and user engagement in the tool.
• Supports the sales process in the development of client account plans.
• May act in a lead role, or support the development of briefings or reports for various regions, technologies, or geographies by gathering information, providing analysis and delivering market, client and/or competitor intelligence to business leaders in support of the business line strategies.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 6+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge of the Energy industry, with Oil & Gas specific knowledge preferred.
• Must be able to generate a large volume of quality, strategic work deliverables across geographies, technologies and scopes.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of Marketing that align with Business Development needs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM tool.
• Strong knowledge of marketing/ branding/ communications concepts.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
• Research and analysis skills.
• Knowledge of Business Development/Sales/Pursuits/Proposal processes.
• Collaborative team player with ability to work across all levels of the organization.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.