Black & Veatch Learning and Development Manager, Leader and Professional Development in Overland Park, Kansas
Learning and Development Manager, Leader and Professional Development
Leads professional skills, project management, leadership and executive development programs and associated staff on a global, organization-wide basis, including establishment of competency-based development frameworks, executive and team assessment strategy and administration, leader coaching and mentoring programs, formal career development programs, nomination-based leadership programs, global manager/supervisor programs and resources, cross-organizational professional development, project management and global on-boarding.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and oversight of the design, development and delivery of a wide range of leadership and executive development programs and resources, working through a team of multiple direct reports, as well as a variety of cross-organizational project teams, senior leader faculty, external vendors and dotted line relationships among the HR/learning community.
• Works closely with the Director, Global Talent Development to set the department strategy, priorities and budget, and manages the associated projects throughout the year.
• Leads strategy and execution of leadership and team assessments and coaching, including vendor management, certifications, selection of instruments, process education, monitoring and quality
• Oversees the global on-boarding program and champions process/resource enhancements through the global HR community
• Oversees the design, development and delivery of general resources and programs for professional skills development across the organization, including career development frameworks and programs
• Builds and implements leadership competency frameworks and models; leads the standards and practices for developing and implementing competency models for specific functions through coordination with the global HR and learning and development professionals network
• Manages assigned portion of annual budget for Talent Development
• Collaborates closely with other learning and development/training managers across the organization to establish consistent standards and practices for learning design, development and delivery of learning programs and resources, learning technology and infrastructure; serves on global learning and development council
• Maintains current understanding of trends and best practices in global talent development; drives change and improvement projects as appropriate in this area
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, organizational development/behavior/psychology, communication, or instructional design; Master’s degree strongly preferred
Experience: 12+ year’s progressively responsible and complex experience in learning and development program design and leadership, executive assessment, coaching and development, performance management and general talent development
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strategic thinking and analytical/planning skills; ability to translate business needs into learning and development plans, programs and solutions; can conceptualize and build comprehensive, yet concise, frameworks for developing talent
• Adept at state-of-the art learning program design, development and delivery for all organizational levels
• Strong change leadership skills; versed and experienced in classic organizational change models and methods; high level of executive presence and influencing skills to work with officers and senior executives in a coaching capacity and to engage in development/delivery of learning programs
• Proven project management and organizational skills; can drive completion of value-added projects with complex organizational relationships, varying degrees of resources and tight timeframes; experience project managing the training design and production (development) process
• Excellent team leadership skills; manages both direct and indirect reporting relationships and builds individual and team capabilities through direction, collaboration, feedback and coaching
• Global business and cultural program leadership capabilities; experience building and delivering resources and programs for developing talent across multiple countries and functions/businesses
• Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of and proven ability to apply adult learning principles to program design and delivery
• General knowledge of learning technologies, including use of an LMS, eLearning and mLearning, etc.
• Ability to deal effectively with obstacles to progress in order to maintain project momentum.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to ask appropriate questions and probe for understanding and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results.
• Ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals, small groups and in front of large audiences at all levels of the organization; strong platform presentation and group facilitation skills
• Multi-tasking ability to manage several deliverables across more than one client group consecutively
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.