Black & Veatch Lead Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical/ Combine Cycle in Overland Park, Kansas
Lead Commissioning Engineer - Mechanical/ Combine Cycle
Verification that plant equipment is in compliance with project contract and specification requirements, conforms to design operational feasibility, and is set up and tested per the supplier’s requirements, within the engineer’s discipline capacity. Provides functional direction to technicians and craft on staff. As lead Discipline Engineer, provides functional direction and supervision to other discipline engineers, technicians, and craft support on staff.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
12 to 18 month project in Al-Qassim Saudi Arabia
• Assists in the development of startup packages as required. Tracks and controls all documentation required for proper maintenance of the startup packages.
• Participates in the preparation and maintenance of a detailed startup schedule.
• Proactively plans for startup activities and major milestones (such as major equipment, chemical cleaning, steamblow, or demonstration and performance testing).
• Manages construction completion, turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client. • Assists in the development of clear startup procedures as required to satisfy the contract and/or coordinates the startup effort.
• Assists in the advanced planning and preparation for startup activities and major milestones.
• Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the control of; spares, consumables, outstanding work and deficiencies lists, etc.
• Executes the startup effort ensuring compliance with the associated specifications and contracts and ultimately resulting in an efficient and timely turnover to the client.
• Completes thorough system walk downs/reviews to establish the completion status of systems and identify outstanding items to be completed.
• Responsible lead for plant equipment and systems within the engineer’s discipline capacity. The primary point-of-contact for all system functions through startup and operation of the plant. Activities include but are not limited to:
• Verifying systems are installed per design
• Confirming design operational feasibility • Recording as built engineering changes on drawings
• Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements
• Provides functional supervision of other discipline engineers assigned to the project.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs discipline start up engineers and discipline start up technicians.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor’s of Engineering preferred. 5+ years of relevant startup experience preferred.
20 years of proven experience with Combine Cycle Power Plant projects or similar to Large Thermal Power Projects is preferred.
• Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines
• Division Policies
• Supervisory Skills
• Communications Skills
• Planning Skills
• Multi-tasking Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Computer Skills
Knowledge of discipline technical principles related to power plants.
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, and instruments used in performance of job duties
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.