Black & Veatch HR Manager, Employee Relations in Overland Park, Kansas
HR Manager, Employee Relations
Supporting Black & Veatch’s mission, vision, values and objectives by providing coaching, training, guidance and policy interpretation to the Human Resources Business Partners and supervisory professionals on a variety of topics that may include terminations, promotions, performance reviews, corrective action, employee relations, EEO and DOL compliance and harassment. Investigating employee issues, complaints or other matters that are brought to the attention of Employee Relations. Assisting in U.S. OFCCP/Affirmative Action Plan compliance. Responsible for developing, recommending and implementing personnel policies and processes as well maintaining the Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual. Assisting in developing and managing positive employee relations initiatives as well as corporate inclusion and diversity initiatives. Works under general supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Human Resources Business Partners in managing employee relations issues including performance issues, reductions in force, complaints and investigations in order to resolve problems and reduce legal risks.
• Educate, train and guide executives, managers and supervisors in practices that help ensure equitable treatment of professionals and in compliance with state and federal employment laws.
• Assist in developing and managing positive employee relations initiatives as well as corporate inclusion and diversity initiatives, Employee Resource Groups, affirmative action outreach and education programs, AAP audits and goal attainment.
• Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and processes which comply with U.S. state and federal law and meet Black & Veatch’s current business needs as well maintaining the Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual.
• Resource to management and Human Resources Business Partners in employment law and the application/interpretation of policies.
• Manage the Employee Assistance Program and Career Transition vendor relationships.
• Manage the internal Human Resources Business Partners and Termination Resources portals.
• Work with Employee Relations Specialist on Department of Labor and OFCCP compliance activities and the development and production of the Company’s Affirmative Action Plans for all U.S. locations.
• Work with Employee Relations Specialist to provide EEO/AAP certifications and other information as needed for bids and proposals.
• Support Director of Employee Relations on special projects, team assignments, issue analysis, and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Identify and assess improvement opportunities which will add value.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent experience
Experience: 5+ years progressive HR experience in one or more functional areas.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge of U.S. federal, state and local employment laws and employee relations trends
• Understanding of OFCCP and AAP document requirements
• Strong Human Relations skills (written, verbal, client service)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and confidence with all levels of employees
• Strong conflict management skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to conduct thorough investigations effectively and efficiently
• Appropriate business acumen
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.