Black & Veatch Electric Utility Project Manager 2 in Overland Park, Kansas
Electric Utility Project Manager 2
Manages all aspects of small to medium Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC)/Service projects, including risk to cost, schedule, quality. Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted engineering, procurement, and construction scope in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads medium teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Manages multiple small to medium sized and/or small EPC project. This position consists of a repetitive program of EPC project bundles each consisting of multiple projects.
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on medium size projects; supports contract negotiations with client peers
• Risk to B&V (Profit & Loss Responsibility) - Manages risk which may include fixed price engineering, new technology or new clients
• Officer Expectations and Responsibilities- None
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Typically 7 years Project Management experience.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation.
• Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages warranty plan.
• Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Builds Networks
• Client Focus
• Develops Talent
• Directs Work
• Drives Vision & Purpose
• Financial Acumen
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict
• Tech Savvy
• Values Differences
• Business Insight
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.