Black & Veatch Data Architect in Overland Park, Kansas
Works under general direction to develop, enhance and maintain a business intelligence and analytics environment, leveraging business intelligence tools as part of an overall data warehouse strategy. Provides support to enhance the data warehouse to report on operational statistics/performance results; creates and enhances scorecards/dashboards; plans strategically for predictive analytics and technical/tool refreshes. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions for client. Responsible for managing the execution of Master Data policies, workflow management, governance, standards and maintenance of master data in Enterprise wide systems. This involves the overseeing of the integrity and quality of data as a single point of reference and top level technical contributor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assemble a data governance program that ensures quality of data, drives a data resolution process, establishes a data governance counsel, creates a process for metadata management, builds a data issue log and data dictionary and develops best practices for data management.
• Defines business requirements that impact overall system architecture.
• Drives, defines, and establishes data cleansing business logic and process flows in partnership with other business colleagues as well as IT counterparts.
• Defined use cases and user stories for implementation in various channels across the enterprise. Ensures successful implementation through the performance of user acceptance testing.
• Elicits, crafts, and outlines clear business rules to implement across the enterprise. Engages stakeholders from various business areas to define and agree on prioritized use cases for leveraging business rules to generate business value.
• Performs ad hoc analyses as required.
• Documents technical requirements/modifications for the design of new reports utilizing MS Power BI and other BI reporting tools.
• Partners with business users to scope programming efforts, develops cost estimates, creates technical specs.
• Leverages experience to develop and Enterprise BI practice within the company.
• Advocates the use of modern database technology platforms and associated toolsets and techniques to develop and/or redesign business applications.
• Partners with business partners, business relationship managers and application developers the evaluate business requirements for new opportunities and developing solutions aligning to the BI/DW Roadmap.
• Collaborates with IT operations and enterprise architecture counterparts to ensure that solutions are well-documented, strategically aligned and sustainable.
• Develops front-end, metadata and ETL specifications to support business requirements for reporting across the organization.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Technology, Computer Science or related field), preferred or equivalent experience. Master's degree (in related field), preferred. Typically 10 years' related experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Analysis & Problem Assessment
• Business Insight & Financial Acumen
• Cultivates Innovation
• Customer Focus
• Decision Quality
• Drive for Results and Commitment to Quality
• Instills Trust
• Manages Complexity/Problem Solving
• Peer Relationships
• Plans & Aligns
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Extensive, demonstrated experience in knowledge of Business Intelligence Industry processes with large scale data volume, preferred.
• Extensive, demonstrated experience in hands-on application architecture with multiple business intelligence platforms and software packages, preferred.
• Extensive, demonstrated experience in full life cycle business intelligence development, architect and tuning support, preferred.
• Proven experience architecting Global Business Intelligence/Analytics capabilities that advance large global corporations toward fact-based decision making organizations, including: Master Data Management, Information Management, Data Governance, Global Platform Technical Architect and ETL, preferred.
• SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Lake knowledge from an architecture standpoint, preferred.
• General Business Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization, including budget management, preferred.
• Ability to manage work within a highly iterative, agile development process to provide value to the business at consistent, short intervals
• Ability to estimate work effort with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to identify and effectively resolve issues.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.