Black & Veatch College Recruiter in Overland Park, Kansas
The HR Vision for Black & Veatch involves strategically partnering with the business units to build and maintain a corporate culture that enhances the identification, management, development and engagement of global talent. The HR mission for the organization is to provide high quality, comprehensive, and cost competitive human resource services and solutions to help Black & Veatch better manage its business.
Black & Veatch has a great opportunity for a dynamic team player as a recruiter for our College Relations team. This person will partner closely with internal and external stakeholders, which includes local & regional schools in the U.S. Recruiting efforts include screening and evaluating college grads and summer interns. Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws governing the employment process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies candidates through attendance at local and regional career fairs, internet and resume database searches and referrals to fill current College openings.
• Maintains and develops knowledge of strategic college recruiting tactics
• Conducts phone screens with candidates to determine if position requirements are met, as well as organizational fit.
• Works closely with hiring managers to recruit top college talent.
• Develops interview questions.
• Ensures hiring manager has quality information for hiring decisions, such as application, resume, transcripts, references, etc.
• Discusses external college market conditions with hiring manager, such as compensation to assist in the decision process.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated in the college process.
2+ years related HR experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 2+ years experience recruiting at the college level.
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time during the college recruiting seasons.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred.
• Prior recruiting experience in engineering or construction industry.
• Knowledge of college recruiting best practices, trends and processes.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.