Black & Veatch Cloud Computing Engineer in Overland Park, Kansas
Cloud Computing Engineer
Engaged in the deployment, operations and management of cloud services for the enterprise. Works under the Senior Cloud Architect within the CTO office to ensure the architecture and design standards are adhered to, projects are met in a timely manner and that innovative initiatives are planned and invested for correctly.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements targeted cloud solutions based on business requests.
• Identifies shadow IT efforts and potential solutions.
• Implements SSO and supporting additional integrations between IT departmental systems.
• Configures cloud based systems based on defined standards/policies to optimize automation, integration and cost.
• Engaged in day-to-day cloud support/troubleshooting of moderate to complex issues.
Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Technology, Computer Science or related field), preferred or equivalent experience. Typically 8 years' related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in the .NET platform, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud technical solutions and the associated services offered by each. Experience with API’s, orchestration, automation, DevOps and database administration.
• Ability to work directly with subject matter experts within the B&V business to provide value within the current enterprise cloud architecture.
• Group facilitation and white boarding capabilities.
• Strong writing skills – able to delineate concise and structured recommendations for total solutions as well as simplifying systems architecture.
• Strong business engagement and customer relationship management.
• Ability to make complex systems simple and easy to understand.
• Comfort around higher management
• Organization agility
• Business & financial acumen
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.