Black & Veatch Appl. Portfolio Manager - Finanical Applications in Overland Park, Kansas
Appl. Portfolio Manager - Finanical Applications
Oversees a portfolio of B&V-developed and third party applications to assure technical and functional relevance to support business processes. The position provides a focal point for developing and communicating business process needs and user requirements to specify, select, design, enhance, acceptance test, report defects, and maintain applications within the portfolio. Also responsible for the integration of information and data within and between portfolios. Persons in this position act as the primary budget owner and sponsor for all expenditure related to their portfolio area(s). Oversee and coordinate delivery of IT support, maintenance and initiative development activities with external service providers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This portfolio supports a common, integrated back office financial environment across all business units and geographies to help improve the speed and accuracy of financial operations measurement and reporting. The framework provides end-to-end orchestration, visibility, and control over processes that support the business, spanning internal as well as external locations. This portfolio includes Time System(s), Oracle E Business Suite, Deltek, Financial data warehouse, etc.
• Coordinate and facilitate analysis, evaluation and recommendation of new IT tools or modifications to existing IT tools as required to support business requirements.
• Work with the various business units to define, document and maintain:
o Portfolio strategic direction that is consistent with corporate and business unit strategic plans.
o IT standards
o IT projects for applications within the portfolio.
• In conjunction with business units, work with clients and third party service providers to understand, communicate and/or develop IT systems and tools that meet their needs (client/third party service providers contact).
• Determine technology solutions to business problems and technology enablement opportunities.
• Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level requirements and coordinate business unit communication so that the IT provider business analysts can develop detailed requirements that meet business unit and system integration needs..
• Collaborate with business teams to ensure definition and execution of user acceptance testing for IT initiatives within the portfolio.
• Collaborate with business teams to ensure definition and execution of the communication plan, training, and rollout plans for IT initiatives within the portfolio.
• Establish an overall software development budget based on input from the various business units and then manage that budget in cooperation with the IT services provider.
• Manage the portfolio to drive application standardization and assure correct function, technical currency and business process relevancy.
• Identify and report on application development defects and assist the IT provider in resolving these defects.
• Implement Application Development and Data Integration Standards for B&V developed software within the portfolio.
• Develop and implement individual application and portfolio multi-year roadmaps to achieve long range strategic IT and business plans.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business-related field, engineering, information technology or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10+ years progressive experience in IT, financial or engineering applications, including leading large-scale projects and initiatives in a complex organization. Project management, training and supervisory experience required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Global integration experience preferred.
Advanced knowledge of portfolio functions.
• Knowledge of portfolio application functionality, processes, procedures, operations
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of B&V revenue project execution systems and processes
• Conceptual planning ability
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change mgmt, advising)
• Conflict management & team building skills
• IT project management processes and implementation skills
• Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Communication skills (written, verbal, client service)
• Supervisory skills
• Presentation skills
• Judgement/decision making skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.