Black & Veatch Accounts Payable Professional in Overland Park, Kansas
Accounts Payable Professional
Serves as key resource for accounts payable staff regarding both systems and processes. Responsible for creating and updating accounts payable training materials. Responsible for all aspects of the Supplier Maintenance process. This position works closely with Accounting Operations team, suppliers, project accountants and other key resources. This position will also answer questions regarding processing and payment of invoices. Works under moderate supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process invoices in Markview/Readsoft through validation which consists of verifying Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software correctly identified key invoice information including but not limited to invoice number, invoice date etc. Supports team in resolving invoicing processing questions.
• May support our Legal, CIO, or other key customers on processing invoices and payments.
• Identifying specific supplier specifications. Understands 1099 reporting requirements. Prepares data, answers questions and completes 1099 reporting.
• May process international invoices for payment through Oracle.
• Works with internal and external customers to answer complex invoicing questions.
• May process BACS, BACS Swift, ACH, wire, and check payments.
• May complete reconciliation processes as necessary for moderately complex invoice payment processes.
• May gather and analyze past due balances from vendor statements.
• Records invoices to the proper general ledger.
• Assists with the monthly close process for accounts payable.
Expense Reporting/ Corporate Card:
• May audit expense reports for proper receipts, documentation and compliance to policy.
• May ensure expense reporting records feed accurately to financial system.
• May audit expense reports for compliance with expense reimbursement procedure.
• Responsible for understanding and helping interpret corporate policies and procedures as related to accounts payable.
• May work across teams in support of ongoing projects.
• Accounting Operations Team, Project Accountants, App Specialists, Statutory Accountants, Suppliers, Procurement, Finance support for Business
• BIC (in-house)
Supervisory and Resource Management Responsibilities:
• May act in capacity of a “lead person”.
• Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
• Creates / maintains up-to-date training materials. Presents training opportunities for team members.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement processes.
Bachelor’s Degree (in Accounting/Finance, highly preferred) or equivalent experience
Typically 2+ years’ related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
International exposure (multi-currency, multi-entity, international payment methods highly preferred).
Adept Oracle (experience preferred).
Preferred Technical Competencies: • Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Basic • Microsoft Excel, Intermediate • Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Basic • Technical accounting knowledge, Basic • Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Basic • Data Entry • Knowledge of foreign currency terminology and concepts, Basic Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Customer Focus • Organizing • Planning • Written Communications • Action Oriented • Informing • Peer Relationships • Dealing with Ambiguity • Problem Solving
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.