Black & Veatch Project Controls Analyst - Power Delivery in Orlando, Florida
Project Controls Analyst - Power Delivery
Black & Veatch provides engineering, technology, consulting and construction solutions that span the life cycle of projects in the power generation, power delivery and hydrocarbon process industries. Our services encompass planning, design, procurement, construction, startup, optimization and maintenance.
Experienced level position assigned to either a role in Scheduling or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and maintains cash flow, cost reports and forecasts.
• Prepares input to the monthly/quarterly reports.
• Facilitates quantity management reporting.
• Leads the project Change Management Program.
• Assists in preparation of L2 plan.
• Prepares and maintains baseline schedule.
• Performs/assists with critical path reporting.
• Prepares PES man-hour reporting.
Office Operations Support:
• Maintains office workload forecast tool and provides monthly report.
• Supports proposal budget requests.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with three or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with six years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Presentation Skills.
• Drive for Results.
• Customer Focus.
• Interpersonal Savvy.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills.
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of key cost control processes and key scheduling processes.
• Understand financial/accounting reporting.
• Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
• Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input.
• Specific training in B&V project controls tools and processes. Training in general business operations and leadership skills.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.