Black & Veatch Lead Power Generation Engineer in North West, United Kingdom
Lead Power Generation Engineer
United Kingdom-North West
Consult directly with our clients, having regular contact with contractors, manufacturers and suppliers. Be proactive, able to review evidence and concepts critically and challenge as necessary. Provide engineering related, analysis, and studies for domestic or international power plant projects. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of low to medium complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. May be responsible for developing, validating, and presenting specialist/technical output. Experience with gas turbine combined cycle plant is a requirement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Has a sound understanding of the design, construction, operation and troubleshooting of combined cycle gas turbine power plants
• Is familiar with thermal cycle design optimisation, lifecycle costs and performance testing
• Has good general engineering/O&M knowledge of HRSG’s, auxiliary systems, steam raising plant and packaged plant items
• Has a good understanding of component failure modes and the cause of failure such as vibration, high temperature exposure, fuel quality etc
• Has experience in the production of technical reports and other documentation for clients
• Has an outgoing and professional personality
• Can evaluate manufacturer's or contractor's proposals, data, drawings, reports, etc., for conformance with B&V criteria.
• Can supervise project local and international engineering staff consisting of subordinate engineers, designers, drafters and other assigned support personnel. This includes staffing, work assignments, scheduling, personnel appraisals and work reviews.
• Can develop and monitor project control systems including schedules, man-day budgets, lists, indexes, bills of material, etc.
• Oversees the coordination of engineering efforts as required to attain project objectives.
• Can identify and assess improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Can champion continuous improvement efforts.
• Can Assess and support the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Can proactively support, encourage and facilitate staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Technical Solutions Team
Engineering delivery Teams
Other Project delivery team Leads
Power generation services
Travel within UK and possibly overseas
Managing self and others
Resilience and drive (working to tight deadlines)
Advance Technical Knowledge
Multi tasking ability (prioritise, organise, schedule work)
Works with others to deliver results
Takes personal responsibility to deliver results
Relevant degree or demonstrable equivalent experience
Expert knowledge of CCGT mechanical sytems.
Expert knowledge of tools and systems used for Engineering Management.
Intermediate Word and Excel
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.