Black & Veatch Commissioning Manager in North West, United Kingdom
United Kingdom-North West
Black & Veatch are looking to recruit a Commissioning Manager to join our operations. The role will be focused on our operations across the North of England, with the Manchester area being an initial hub.
The purpose of the hire will be to provide management of all project commissioning and startup activities in accordance with the Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule and within the established startup budget. The role will have authority to allocate resources and make startup, commissioning, and testing decisions in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• First-level commissioning management position, responsible for managing all project commissioning activities in accordance with the contract, schedule and budget for a single complex project.
• Responsible for planning commissioning and production of commissioning plan, including site-specific programs, test procedures, method statements and risk assessments and ensuring plan is implemented and documentation is up-to-date.
• Liaison to client’s engineering and operational staff to ensure smooth transition.
• Provides direction and guidance to commissioning personnel.
• Responsible for reporting and client training.
• Assists in the production of as built documentation.
• Management responsibility: Manager.
Key competencies typically include: advanced knowledge of project procedures, contract documents, commissioning guidelines; intermediate technical principles related to project and internal engineering systems and tools; advanced project management and problem solving skills; strong supervisory and communication skills
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Bachelors of Engineering preferred.
• Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines
• Project Management Skills
• Leadership Skills
• Supervisory Skills
• Communications Skills
• Customer Relations Skills
• Planning Skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Problem Solving / Decision Making
• Computer Skills
• Knowledge of technical principles related to power plants.
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
• Resource Management
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.