Black & Veatch Claims Manager in Mumbai, India
To provide Contract & Commercial support to the Project Manager, Project Team and Head Office
Management for large industrial Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
•Responsible for management of post-award contract issues.
•Advising management on LD claims and addressing the issues relating to it during the contract execution process.
•Effectively managing post award Contract issues, management of project claims, change orders, contractual communication with Client/PMC/vendors/consortium partner.
•To co-ordinate with the consortium/ JV partners.
•Provide contract administration support until closure and handover of the Project and managing the process of securing recoveries from the Client.
•Support Construction & Procurement in implementation of a back to back Contract Structure with vendors and sub-contractors in order to achieve contract completion within budget and to mitigate exposure and risk to the Company.
•Manages processes intended to reduce contract risks and to facilitate dispute resolution. Proactively seeks ways to minimize claims exposure.
•Provides commercial/claims support and develops suitable prime, sub-contract / vendor interfaces.
•Attends site meetings with client/ consortium partner as appropriate in order to support the Project team in resolution of commercial, contractual and claim issues.
•Contributes to initiatives for continual development and maintenance of contract/risk procedures, tools, processes and systems,
•Works closely with other functions and operational team.
•Support legal in dispute resolution process.
Skills and Experience
• Advanced knowledge and experience of legal/contractual agreements (client/suppliers/subcontractors/ consortium) and risk management expertise encompassing all aspects of the EPC process.
• Knowledgeable of project control policies and procedures.
• Articulate and an excellent communicator (written and oral) to include presentation skills and proven effective writing skills.
• Expert knowledge of EPC Industry (specifically Power, Oil & Gas, Water).
• Proficient computer skills.
• Proficient at problem solving (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, and resolve).
• Ability to work independently.
• Results orientated, with interpersonal and team working skills.
• Sound contractual interpretation and Analytical Skill to analysis of claims in terms of entitlement, quantum and time.
• Experience in dealing with consortium/ JV partners.
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Minimum of 15-20 years relevant Commercial support and Claim management experience in project and working in the administration of large EPC projects (preference Oil & Gas, Power Projects).
• Commerce /Engineering Graduate
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.