Black & Veatch Business Manager MIIN/NYNJ/OHPA in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Business Manager MIIN/NYNJ/OHPA
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
The Business Manager serves as the liaison between ongoing execution work and Turf internal accounting, project controls, reporting, planning, and procedural requirements. He or she must understand the administrative requirements of the Turf contract, the needs and progress of the crews in the field and the internal constraints, policies and procedures that must be followed to ensure compliance with Turf, division and corporate standards. This position demands a high attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time. The Business Manager must have a solid understanding of earned value, change orders, billing, contract requirements and submittal requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This position has bottom line responsibility for business operations. The Business Manager supervises the acquisition, administration and execution of projects in a safe, profitable and timely manner consistent with the division’s standards of quality and integrity; has responsibility for the morale, motivation, training and development of assigned project team members; has responsibility for monitoring activities of the locally domiciled sales persons.
• Resolves issues or conflicts with client and takes necessary action to meet project budget.
• Monitors and manages all aspects of costs related to projects including budgeting, cash flow, invoicing and payments, projected margins, accurate and timely change orders, WAs, and orders of magnitude.
• Validation of revenue and cost reporting as reflected in PGM, Earned PGM, and other financial metrics
• Actively participates in the planning, selecting, assigning and supervising of key staff and project personnel.
• Supervises assigned staff, including: establishing and communicating performance expectations, provides positive and constructive feedback, conducts performance reviews and determines training and development needs and makes hiring and terminating decisions.
• Identifies and assesses opportunities for improvement. Supports change management associated with implementation of improvements; encourages, supports and facilitates staff to engage in continual improvement activities.
• Interfaces with Subcontractors/Vendors on contractual issues.
• Develops and assists in the implementation of risk mitigation strategies for the program.
• Supports program staff for general risk mitigation activities.
• Negotiates resolutions to program-related disputes with subcontractors/vendors and clients.
• Recommends business strategies to ensure program-wide compliance with applicable laws, contracts and Division and Turf policies.
• Assists in providing notifications to client with regard to claims related to work under the contract agreement.
• Supports processing contract claims related to contracts and subcontracts.
• Supports the development of project specific claims summary report during project closeout to support lessons learned and continuous improvement.
• Interface with Procurement, Administration, Finance, Project Controls, Reporting and Planning at Program level.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Public Account experience a plus
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skill
Adheres to, supports and enhances Division’s Environmental, Safety, Health and Security Program
Adheres to, supports and enhances the Turf's, Division’s, and B&V's Quality Management System and all written procedures and processes
Minimum 5 years of business management experience preferably in the telecommunications industry.
Significant attention to detail and organization required.
Handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Ability to read and understand contractual agreements.
Review earned value reports with hours allocated to jobs on a weekly basis.
Review accurate distribution of hours and materials to correct cost codes on all projects.
Establishes and maintains client relations. Responds to and manages resolution of client concerns.
Basic knowledge and application of PM processes.
Basic knowledge and application of Financial Management.
Basic ability to lead small teams.
Basic understanding and application of contract commercial terms.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.