Black & Veatch Electrical Regional Design Lead Engineer - Water Business in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Electrical Regional Design Lead Engineer - Water Business
Water is one of the world’s most precious resources. Managing and treating water are among the world’s most complex challenges. Black & Veatch knows the best and most advanced ways to clean, move, control and conserve water. That’s what makes us world leaders in water.
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Our systems protect the environment and conserve precious water supply. We deliver solutions that preserve and protect groundwater and watersheds, and provide effective flood control. We help clients successfully manage storm drainage.
Black & Veatch helps clients make smart use of water resources, including water reuse systems, desalination, dams and hydro power, renewables, irrigation, aquifer storage and recovery.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Regional Design Lead Engineer within our Water Americas Systems Design Group in our Minneapolis, MN regional office.
As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, Black & Veatch has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients.
Our Systems Design Group provides electrical, instrumentation & control and process mechanical solutions to all of Black & Veatch’s Water/Wastewater projects throughout North America. Black & Veatch’s Minneapolis office currently serves clients in the Twin Cities and throughout the Upper Mid-West with support from our Midwest Regional Design Center in Kansas City, MO.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead Electrical design for water/wastewater projects
• Provide technical guidance on client standards and expectations to engineering and technician staff in the regional design center (Kansas City) that are supporting project detailed design
• Serve as technical expert in electrical power distribution and miscellaneous plant electrical systems for client consultations
• Support business development related to enhanced Electrical services
• Build business relationships with clients to understand needs and drivers
Additional Project Opportunities
• Studies –Energy Optimization, Power System Coordination and Arc Flash Hazard Analysis, and Electrical Reliability Analysis
• Construction inspection and resolution of electrical construction issues
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited program
• Professional Engineer’s license in MN or another US jurisdiction
• 5+ years in electrical design, planning and construction services
• Consulting and Water/Wastewater experience preferred
• Experience in a client-facing/business development role
• Power system analysis experience in SKM, ETAP, or other analysis software a plus
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.