Black & Veatch Project Controls Associate in Kansas City, Missouri
Project Controls Associate
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
The Project Controls Associate position is a professional position and will be assigned to either a role in Scheduling or Cost Engineering or a combination. Under appropriate supervision, the incumbent performs routine project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. In addition to performing duties as assigned, this position will be primarily focused on developing knowledge regarding scheduling, costing, and concepts related to the industry technology and project management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Gain working knowledge of industry, technologies, project execution, cost, schedule and financial systems. General understanding of budgets.
• Assists in Cost Reporting & tracking.
• Assists in maintenance of quantity reporting.
• Assists in change mgmt process.
• Understands B&V financial entities.
• Assists in schedule preparation, maintenance and reporting.
• Assists in productivity reports (PES).
• Assists with critical path and float analysis.
• Assists with vendor progress.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Four year Bachelor's degree or local equivalent required. No experience required.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Action Oriented
• Dealing with Ambiguity
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Computer skills - Microsoft Office and if applicable to assignment Primavera
• Communications skills – Good verbal and written communications skills for interaction with project teams.
• Understand transformation of data to information - Ability to visualize how data can be transformed into information in the production of project controls reports for use by project teams.
• Understand database concepts - Understands or able to learn quickly basic database concepts in order to manage data and information within systems.
• Understanding of how project controls issues relate to other company functions such as project accounting, procurement, QAQC, etc.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.