Black & Veatch Process Engineer 5 - Water Business in Kansas City, Missouri
Process Engineer 5 - Water Business
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Functions as a technical specialist developing water treatment process design values, overseeing water quality testing, and performing treatment evaluations. With limited direction, develop and apply advanced process engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to complex engineering problems. Candidate will provide technical assistance to a multidisciplinary staff on drinking water treatment, water quality, monitoring, controls, and regulatory compliance matters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead process treatment evaluations for drinking water and reuse facilities.
• Evaluate treatability of source water supplies based on raw water quality and treated water quality requirements and goals.
• Strong background in environmental water chemistry in both natural and engineered systems.
• Perform disinfection and oxidation/reduction process calculations.
• Develop descriptions and calculations for physical/chemical processes such as softening, coagulation, and filtration and advanced treatment processes such as membrane filtration and reverse osmosis.
• Determine chemical type and dosage range for new treatment facilities.
• Develop conceptual level costs to evaluate treatment options.
• Support multiple projects with complex technical challenges.
• Self-manage budget, schedule, and quality requirements for assigned tasks.
• Review lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers, communicates client interests and drivers to project team members, and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns.
• Willingness to travel to support project pursuits, project execution, and facility startup, commissioning, and testing.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 8 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Advanced knowledge of water treatment process engineering principals
• Established leadership skills focused on teamwork and collaboration
• Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and mentor professionals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven technical skill base (Licensed Professional Engineer)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.