Black & Veatch Learning & Development Leader - Water in Kansas City, Missouri
Learning & Development Leader - Water
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2013 were US $3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
The HR Vision for Black & Veatch involves strategically partnering with the business units to build and maintain a corporate culture that enhances the identification, management, development and engagement of global talent. The HR mission for the organization is to provide high quality, comprehensive, and cost competitive human resource services and solutions to help Black & Veatch better manage its business.
We have been and continue to experience tremendous global growth where this role based out of our world headquarters can make a significant impact to deliver the Learning & Development solutions and services needed to assist B&V leadership in our mission statement of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
Responsible for development and execution of Water learning and talent development objectives to ensure talent is developed in accordance with Water Business Team strategies and tactics. Guides development and assures implementation of learning programs by ensuring the design, development, implementation and assessment metrics are in place for all learning and development solutions. Operates as a performance consultant who analyzes organizational, group and individual performance needs, then develops and delivers solutions to close the gaps. Directly reports and works as part of a global learning and development team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with all levels of business and project leaders to assess strategic needs and develop learning and knowledge management solutions, primarily for Water Americas professionals; collaborates with other team members on global Water learning needs.
• Cultivates a partnering relationship with Business Team management and professionals. Establishes open and trusting relationships. Engages productively and proactively in business discussions. Provides input and advises management.
• Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver learning solutions using contemporary learning methods and principles.
• Utilizes multiple learning methods and technologies to deliver learning solutions, including in-person classroom, virtual classroom, self-study, phone/conference, video sessions, CoPs, blogs, blended learning, OJT and Electronic Performance Support.
• Provides program management of initiatives such as curriculum and career development. Creates detailed project plans for each program.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the learning solutions and provides metrics summarizing their effectiveness.
• Partners and collaborates with Business and Regional HR staff, Corporate Talent Development, and Business Operations leadership to assist in assessing and building learning solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in training and development, engineering, education, and/or communications.
Experience: 8+ years of experience in training and development, project management, facilitation in matrix and project focused organizations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations to all levels, including executives
• Experience independently developing complex training solutions
• Experience providing instructional design expertise to technical experts in the development of technical training programs
• Working knowledge of training methodologies, contemporary learning design, needs assessment and measurement.
• Intermediate knowledge of human resource and learning systems
• Advanced project administration and prioritization skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Conflict management and facilitation skills
• Advanced needs assessment and performance consulting skills
• Intermediate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint, Learning Management Systems, E-learning technologies
• Strong business partnering and collaboration experience
• Supervision and team development experience
• Knowledge of Engineering and Construction industry
• Global training experience
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of eLearning development software (e.g., Storyline, Camtasia, etc.)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.