Black & Veatch Electrical and Instrumentation Design Technician 3 - Water Business in Kansas City, Missouri
Electrical and Instrumentation Design Technician 3 - Water Business
Black & Veatch – Water Business
Water is one of the world’s most precious resources. Managing and treating water are among the world’s most complex challenges. Black & Veatch knows the best and most advanced ways to clean, move, control and conserve water. That’s what makes us world leaders in water.
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Our systems protect the environment and conserve precious water supply. We deliver solutions that preserve and protect groundwater and watersheds, and provide effective flood control. We help clients successfully manage storm drainage.
Black & Veatch helps clients make smart use of water resources, including water reuse systems, desalination, dams and hydro power, renewables, irrigation, aquifer storage and recovery.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Design Technician within our Water Americas Systems Design Group in Kansas City.
As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, Black & Veatch has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients.
Our Systems Design Group provides electrical, instrumentation & control and process mechanical solutions to all of Black & Veatch’s Water/Wastewater projects throughout North America. Black & Veatch is currently seeking an electrical and instrumentation design technician at our Kansas City Water Headquarters Office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete Electrical and Instrumentation design duties following industry and local codes and standards for water/wastewater projects
• Design system under the direction of local Electrical and I&C Lead Engineers
• Coordinate with local and global multidiscipline design staff to develop project information and resolve multidiscipline design interferences
• Create electrical and instrumentation design drawings and using BIM+ design and CADD drawing tools
Additional Project Opportunities:
• Special studies and designs including power reliability, arc flash safety, renewables and energy optimization
• Construction inspection and resolution of I&C or electrical construction issues
• SCADA system upgrades and replacements
• Smart Integrated Infrastructure, Data Analytics
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Degree in electrical engineering technology or computer aided drafting systems
• Proficiency in BIM+ and CADD tools including AutoCAD, Revit, and Bentley software tools
• 2 years in electrical and instrumentation design, drafting, and construction services
• Experience in industrial and commercial lighting system design preferred
• Consulting and Water/Wastewater experience preferred
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.