Black & Veatch Asset Management RCM & Performance Optimization Consultant - Water Business in Kansas City, Missouri
Asset Management RCM & Performance Optimization Consultant - Water Business
Black & Veatch’s Water Division Asset Management practice has grown rapidly and has an exciting opportunity for professionals interested in applying their knowledge of Predictive Maintenance (PdM) tools and techniques, best maintenance practices, and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs to aid clients in the management and performance optimization of their infrastructure assets. Our success has been founded on a combination of a team-centric culture and a collaborative, client-focused mentality committed to delivering technical excellence – every time! Asset management has been identified as a strategic growth area for the firm and provides exciting career possibilities and potential for interested professionals.
This is a mid to senior level asset management consultant position in the Planning & Asset Management Department of Black & Veatch. Position is based in Kansas City, MO. Position provides asset management and performance optimization-related support to a wide variety of utility and engineering projects in the water sector (water, wastewater, hydro, and water resources).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks, such as:
• Assists in the overall development of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs for client organizations.
• Assists in identification of non-destructive testing and condition monitoring activities (predictive maintenance – PdM) and analysis of subsequent results.
• Development of predictive and preventive maintenance plans for existing and future equipment.
• Development of tools and techniques for the identification of equipment trending towards failure.
• Development of methodologies to identify when a repair or replacement activity is most effective remediation technique.
• Development of programs for and assisting clients in conducting root cause failure analysis.
• Assessing tolerable levels of risk (e.g. development of risk prioritization methodology) to support RCM program development.
• Works with project team to prepare proposals, technical papers, presentations, reports and implementation plans; and to develop detailed project deliverables.
• Ensures compliance with project requirements of accuracy / specifications for scope of service and overall quality.
• Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, analytical methods, calculations and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
Typically a minimum of 12 plus years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Desired experience includes all facets of maintenance program development such as optimum preventive maintenance scheduling, non-destructive testing/condition monitoring and analysis in support of a Predictive Maintenance program, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA), root cause failure analysis, and use of supporting technologies such as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university (or equivalent work experience).
• 7+ years’ experience in the operations and maintenance practices at water, wastewater, and/or stormwater facilities.
• Experience conducting root cause failure analysis.
• Experience conducting failure modes effects analysis.
• Hands-on experience with predictive maintenance tools and analysis of non-destructive testing results (vibration analysis, ultrasonics, tribology, etc.).
• Understanding of asset management principles and practices.
• Certifications and experience in reliability centered maintenance (e.g. Certified Reliability Leader certification or similar).
Experience with the following is considered advantageous:
• Familiarity with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) applications.
• Operator and/or maintenance certification such as a Plant Maintenance Technologist
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.