Black & Veatch Division Operations Manager 1 in Johannesburg, South Africa
Division Operations Manager 1
Responsible for assisting in managing various support operational aspects for a portion of a medium to large division. Operational areas may include various functions such as office operations, administration, budgets, staffing, legal, human resources, and safety. Ensures policies, procedures, and processes are effectively developed, implemented, and communicated, as applicable. Specific responsibilities may vary by division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in preparing the strategic plan, operating plan, and goals/commitments for the Office.
• Establishes and manages various budgets such as Project Gross Margin (PGM), Revenue, Overhead, Capital, and Service Level Agreements.
• Develops and implements strategy for office leases, furniture, and computers, and hardware/software.
• Assists in project execution which includes managing and guiding engineers.
• Manages commercial aspects of division operations to include support of projects.
• Using strategic and operations plans as guidelines, ensures various functions such as commercial, project controls, engineering, and estimating have proper skills, tools, processes, procedures, and human resources available to execute current and future projects.
• Participates in projects/office audits and in the review and development of proposal strategies.
• Develops, influences, and implements office policies and procedures; implements corporate/division policies and procedures.
• Develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategy; ensures projects are adequately staffed and talent is equitably shared between projects.
• Responsible for office administration and facility logistics.
• Responsible for talent acquisition, its development and retention
• Implements region’s performance management program, including goal cascading process, rating calibration, individual development plans, rewards and recognition, disciplinary actions, terminations and related time lines.
• Manages merit and bonus processes for region, ensuring competitiveness and internal equity while adhering to budget and corporate guidelines.
• Responsible for BEE implementation
• Assist with ISO accreditation
• Responsible for implementing Graduate Engineer Training programme
• Responsible for office Health and Safety implementation
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably business, finance, or HR-related. 8+ years related experience in business operations, HR, or finance. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
MBA preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Preferred Competencies: • Basic knowledge of safety, legal, employment law, and procurement policies and procedures • Basic understanding of information technology issues and software • Basic industry knowledge • General business acumen • Basic financial acumen, understanding of financials such as Project Gross Margin (PGM), revenue, overhead costs, and division/department income statements • Basic knowledge of budgeting process and systems • Knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices • Knowledge of Company programs, policies, processes, and organizational structure • Basic knowledge of division administrative policies and procedures • Basic knowledge of Human Resource programs, policies, and procedures • Good employee relations and client service skills; ability to develop and maintain key relationships; negotiation and influencing skills • Presentation skills • Fundamental strategic and business planning skills • Intermediate problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) • Conflict management skills • Knowledge of change management methodologies • Project management skills • Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.