Black & Veatch Business Development Manager – Southern African Region in Johannesburg, South Africa
Business Development Manager – Southern African Region
To generate new business from both existing customers and new accounts for Black & Veatch’s Power Business in southern Africa. Our Power business includes such diverse opportunities as consulting services, advisory, project development, engineering, procurement and construction for renewable, coal and gas projects. The responsibility will include, but not limited to, support and participation in the booking of new work, developing client management plans, building and maintaining strategic client and partner relationships, participating in interface activities such as trade shows, conferences and events to foster relationships. Helping drive the proposal effort, preparing and giving targeted sales presentations, and working with the Regional Leadership to develop overall business plans for the region are also key areas of focus. The position will report to the Regional Director of Business Development located in Johannesburg, South Africa and will work collaboratively the team responsible to support business in southern Africa.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands the process required to initiate, maintain, and cultivate key internal and external relationships.
• In conjunction with management and colleagues, coordinates client or partner interface activities and successfully executes strategic account plans. Initiates and follows leads for new projects and increased scope of work for existing projects. .
• Understands energy business and market needs to an acceptable level.
• Understands B&V Energy business including experience, qualifications, resources, organization, processes and procedures, expected to pick up during training and subsequently on the job.
• Understands ONE BLACK & VEATCH organization, offerings, organization, resources and coordination, expected to pick up during training and subsequently on the job.
• Understands the energy markets in Africa, and able to identify and evaluate needs and prospects for energy services that can be provided by B&V.
• Understands the proposal effort and assists in the evaluation and pricing process to capture business opportunities. Participates in proposal presentations with clients, management and review board(s). Provides key differentiators to use in articulating value offered to clients.
• Works with project managers and staff to learn customer satisfaction methodology on current projects, including follow-ups with clients to address concerns or issues and communicates those to management. Learns the interface with project manager and client required to address significant changes to contract and/or scope of services.
• Develops strategic account plans for targeted clients to meet or exceed desired financial metrics. Determines personnel within client organization with which to cultivate relationships to obtain new business or maintenance of existing relationship. Makes recommendations to determine projects to pursue to meet and/or exceed client needs.
• Develops key relationships in the market place with potential partners, sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Uses Client Relationship Management (CRM) system to track and communicate client engagement and prospect activity.
• Broadly communicates key regional marketplace trends to members of B&V management team.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or related field. Ability to learn technical concepts is mandatory.
• At least five years previous experience in developing business opportunities with large scale industrial clients.
• 3 years’ experience in the energy, energy equipment manufacturing, or other major infrastructure sectors.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.