Black & Veatch Operations Manager-Construction in Jakarta, Thailand, Indonesia
Accountable for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned power generation and energy intensive industry sector construction project execution. Accountable for success of construction project execution. Has authority to allocate resources and make construction execution decisions for assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual commitments
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides construction support for regional construction projects and proposals.
• Directs administration of construction personnel for regional construction projects.
• Develops construction execution plan for projects and proposals which minimizes cost and duration of construction activities.
• Monitors, evaluates, and reports performance of assigned construction projects to regional and division management.
• Provides recommendations to Director of Construction regarding project staff assignments/teams.
• Acts as liaison between offices for all construction related matters.
• Communicates lessons learned.
• Directs corrective action for discipline problems or poor performance within region. Keeps Department and Human Resources Department involved and informed as required.
• Enforces and interprets division and department policies, standards, and procedures.
• Provides regional construction support for international offices and international project offices for proposals, project planning and project execution.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountability.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervise field project managers assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction. 10-20 years of construction operations experience, based on assigned area of operations. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Able to deliver Project Gross Margin on project assignment
• Company practices, process and related impact on project activities
• Risk assessment policies and procedures
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Approach to managing construction operations
• Conceptual planning ability
• Problem solving skills
• Leadership skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.