Black & Veatch Sr Site QC Manager (Central Java Site) in Jakarta, Indonesia
Sr Site QC Manager (Central Java Site)
Actively promote and continuously evaluate the effective implementation of Black & Veatch (B&V) QC policies and standards in the support of projects. Manage site QC staff of assigned projects. Acts as the quality interface on project teams with Engineering, Project Management, corporate offices and clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes implements and maintains site quality program. Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field to ensure that work is done correctly.
• Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Develop and administer site specific Quality Programs.
• Surveillance/Audits of site Contractor Quality Control Programs.
• Responsible in all aspects of welder qualification on-site testing.
• Responsible for issuance, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) contacts.
• Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified.
• Approves site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDE testing and verify tests are properly documented.
• Reviews and controls documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Reviews turnover packages prior to handoff to Startup.
• Assists in the coordination of punchlist walkdowns/inspections; establishes and manages the punchlist.
• Collating QC documentation for final handover to Owner.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Develops and implements quality programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division quality goals and expectations.
• May act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level quality professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Acts as mentor to other quality professionals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Stds., Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates including other site QC managers, site QC inspectors, and other site QC representatives (technicians, specialists).
Experience: 7+ years as Superintendent with degree, or 10+ years withou All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred. 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or geographical equivalent qualification in a related discipline is desired. Preferred Competencies: • Knowledge of quality standards and practices • Knowledge of construction technology • Knowledge of EPC industry • Constructability knowledge • Reading of Erection Drawings e.g. GA’s, P&ID’s and Isometrics • Knowledge of National and International Codes and Standards • Knowledge of National and/or International Rules and Regulatory Requirements • Knowledge of Quality Management Systems • Knowledge of project budget process and tools • Knowledge of department budget process and tools • Knowledge of Project controls • Risk assessment/management • Administrative policies and procedures • Construction Project Management Systems • Conceptual planning ability • Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration • Knowledge of company quality capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant • Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials • Communication skills • Ability to effectively manage emergency situations • Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs • Ability to write detailed reports • Human Relations skills • Conflict Management skills • Leadership skills (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising) • Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work) • Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve) • Project management skills • Time reporting systems • Expense reporting policies and procedures
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.