Black & Veatch Open Box Inspector in Jakarta, Indonesia
Open Box Inspector
Coordinates shop inspection activities for assigned projects. Communicates the specific inspection and scheduling the inspections. Primary liaison to the project teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for OneSIM data entry.
• Reviews Inspection Test Plans (ITPs) and project schedule to plan for needed shop inspections on respective, assigned projects. Provides feedback on types and amounts of inspections based on previous experience, current market conditions, selected supplier, geographical location, etc.
• Reviews selected supplier fabrication schedules and makes adjustments to ITP schedules.
• Participates in project meetings, providing QC shop inspection updates as required, communicating relevant information to other quality professionals and inspectors as appropriate, updates ITPs
• Interfaces for development of respective shop inspection documentation packages, identification of unique inspection requirements and any other aspects to highlight or communicate to the assigned shop inspector in support of shop inspection activities.
• Coordinates selection of Inspector, obtaining input from management, and forwards inspection documentation packages in support of project schedule.
• Reviews inspection reports for content quality, completion, clarity and consistency.
• Trains and provides direction to other Home Office QC Coordinator staff keeping Regional QC Inspection Manager informed, as required.
• May be required to assist with shop inspections.
• May be required to mentor staff.
• Generates records, reports, correspondence, distributes appropriately and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
Minimum of 3 years quality experience without a degree, minimum of 2 year with a degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Four (4) year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or related discipline (preferred). Preferred Skills: • Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, Resolve) • Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook • Project Management Systems • Travel Schedule System, Time Reporting System, Policies and Procedures • Communications Systems, including Web Conferencing • Knowledge of budget and cost process and tools • Multi-Tasking capabilities • Expense Reporting System, Policies and Procedures • Working group’s Policies and Procedures • Division Administrative & Project Polices and Procedures • Knowledge of quality standards and practices • Knowledge of EPC industry, contracting strategies, contract administration • Ability to write detailed reports • Ability to effectively interface with internal and external clients and governmental officials Preferred Competencies: • Collaborates • Communicates effectively • Customer focus • Decision quality • Drives results • Manages ambiguity • Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.