Black & Veatch Assistant Project Field Manager in Jakarta, Indonesia
Assistant Project Field Manager
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
This position is part of succession planning to localize the site management. The primary responsibility of the selected candidate is to shadow the PFM, FPJCM and the CM through a rotational period of 4-6 months each to develop a strong understanding of Black & Veatch policies, procedures, tools and requirements for the management of complex EPC energy projects. The successful candidate will be expected to engage in formal and informal mentoring and skill & knowledge transfer activities and to participate in regular performance assessments to assess and monitor developmental progress.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
At the direction of the PFM, the APFM will be responsible for coordination of portions of the construction on the project. Coordinate compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
• APFM acts as Project Champion for Employee Involvement Programs for Quality and Safety, as well Continual Improvement efforts.
• Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan. Directs staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
• Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Reviews and provides comments to the development and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
• Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Field Manager in his absence.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer’s Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degreed: Extensive experience (5+ years) on similar projects in construction management role. Non-Degreed: Extensive experience (8+ years) with 3 years at superintendent level or above on large projects, or in construction management role on smaller projects.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• BS in Engineering or Construction Management (equivalent professional experience will be considered, however professional registration is highly desirable).
• Prefer 8+ years field management experience, demonstration of progressive responsibility in a project setting.
• Experience in supercritical coal and/or combined cycle power plant construction is highly preferred; however alternate experience will be considered for candidates with strong work and academic credentials.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.