Black & Veatch Project Manager in Jacksonville, Florida
Manages all aspects of Power Generation small to medium size Services projects, including budget, schedule, quality, and client satisfaction. Project may include studies, owner’s engineer, and retrofit work for all types of power generation. Provides for the successful staffing of the project. Manages and leads small teams of multi-discipline professionals. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the engineering, procurement, construction, and startup elements of the project team as applicable. Serves as a Seller-Doer, both managing projects and developing new business with existing and new clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Manages small, minimally complex projects
• Number of Projects and/or Clients – Manages one to a few clients and/or projects
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on small projects
• Risk to B&V(Profit & Loss Responsibility)- Manages minimal risk
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Minimum of 10 years related experience. Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation.
• Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages warranty plan.
• Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• The ability to build networks
• Strong client focus
• Experience developing talent
• The ability to efficiently direct work of others
• Experience driving the vision & purpose of an organization
• Strong financial acumen
• Possessed the ability to manage complexity
• Manages conflict well
• Tech savvy
• Values differences
• Strong business insight
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.