Black & Veatch Inventory Specialist / Materials Coordinator in Indianapolis, Indiana
Inventory Specialist / Materials Coordinator
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
This is a contract-to-hire position potentially being a contingent worker for up to 18 months with the intention of a permanent offer for a high performer. This inventory professional is an individual contributor with no subordinates responsible for all clerical duties associated with a market project office, including maintenance of the material/inventory management system. This position is typically an office or warehouse position with significant interface requirements with discipline Construction, Engineering, Scoping and potential contact with client representatives. Assist Materials Manager with receipt and issuance of materials.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Filing, posting, and preparation of documents and forms.
• Monitor warehouse or distribution facility inventory levels.
• Maintaining site material needs including expediting as necessary.
• Coordinate with Subcontractors site material pickup at warehouse.
• Manage material returns and RMA process.
• Data entry into material/inventory management system.
• Other clerical duties as required.
• Assist Materials Manager as needed.
• Responsible for proper filing of all material related documents within project filing system.
* This is a contract-to-hire opportunity
* Only candidates local to the Indianapolis will be considered further
* This position is not available for visa sponsorship
Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience without a degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field is preferred.
• Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Procurement, Material Coordination, Forecast/Demand Planning and/or Construction Experience preferred
• Proficient Attention to Detail
• Proficient Communication - Written and Oral
• Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office
• Strong Data Entry
• Proficient Mathematics
• Basic Organizing Data
• Basic Problem Solving
• Action oriented
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Drives results
• Situational adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.