Black & Veatch Telecommunications Engineer 4 in Hot Springs, Arkansas
Telecommunications Engineer 4
2+ year contract opportunity. Functions as a technical specialist or in a lead role. With minimal supervision, applies advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods. Expands knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Guide technical tasks such as: developing design drawings, writing testing & acceptance procedures, developing technical specifications, completing reports, studies and presentations.
• Enforce telecommunications design compliance with codes, standards and policies as set forth by the client, B&V or other industry governing entities.
• Lead meetings, drive schedules, and manage the project budget.
• Review engineering work completed by junior staff.
• Accept overall accountability for all engineering deliverables of the project.
• Collaborate with other project disciplines, both internal to B&V and within the client’s organization.
• Travel within the utility’s service territory to support the project as required. (Less than 20% of working time will require travel.)
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Utility telecom experience is preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of private wireless networks (Point to Point or Point to Multipoint), optical transport, and Ethernet IP.
• Working knowledge of civil/structural engineering protocol as it pertains to telecommunications
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Project.
• Behavioral traits: independent, self-starter, self-accountable, prioritizing, comfortable with ambiguity, friendly.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.