Black & Veatch Regional Office Coordinator in Dublin, California
Regional Office Coordinator
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
BVCI offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.
Our professionals deliver solid cutting edge solutions for large industrial projects, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on quality, safety, cost and schedule.
We work with our clients on engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) as well as
construction-only projects. We self-perform or execute on a subcontract or joint venture basis, offering services through direct hire or subcontract options.
Now is the time to work at BVCI.
This administrative support professional provides project and administrative support for a typically smaller office, under general supervision. He or she is responsible for a wide variety of duties and tasks to ensure smooth daily office operations, and is the main liaison between corporate and regional offices for many functions, such as Human Resources and Accounting along with other responsibilities being non-routine, requiring frequent independent judgment. This office professional needs thorough knowledge of regional operation’s policies and procedures, as well as general knowledge of company policies and processes; may be assigned or coordinate work of office support, such as word processing or receptionist desk and will have frequent contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
This opportunity is a contract-to-hire position with the contract period lasting approximately 6 months.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Orders office supplies.
• Answering phones.
• Handles incoming and outgoing mail.
• Completes filing activities.
• Assists with project correspondence and proposals.
• Coordinates payment of project invoices.
• Conducts new employee orientation.
• Coordinates Human Resource-related activities.
• Maintains regional and management calendars.
• Composes routine or complex documents.
• Coordinates timesheet activities.
• Reviews expense reports.
• Takes care of day-to-day office equipment maintenance; coordinates repair.
• Provides input regarding day-to-day office operations
• Spreadsheet development and management
• Development of SharePoint folders for project data to reside
• Creates and submits Expense Reports
• Sets up travel arrangements
• Assist company Labor Relations Team with identifying craft availability throughout the country
* Only candidates local to the Dublin, CA area will be considered further
* This position is a contract-to-hire opportunity
* This position is not available for visa sponsorship
Basic spreadsheet skills and intermediate word processing skills needed.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Light technical experience (i.e. audio/visual for setting up training rooms or adding network printers, easier acclimation to new programs and databases, etc…)
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Power Point
• Electronic file storage system
• Financial Information Systems
• Project Management Systems
• Time Reporting Systems
• Human Resource Information System
• Knowledge of budget process and tools
• Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work)
• Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve)
• Supervisory Skills
• Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service)
• Time Reporting Policies & Procedures
• Expense Reporting Policies & Procedures
• Regional Administrative Policies & Procedures
• Division Project Policies & Procedures
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.