Black & Veatch GIS Analyst 3 - Water Business in Denver, MO, Colorado
GIS Analyst 3 - Water Business
CO-Denver, MO-Kansas City, TX-Dallas
Our services help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
Black & Veatch offers traditional design services, as well as alternative delivery methods such as design-build/EPC. We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we design and build the collection and wastewater treatment systems that mean the water can be safely reintroduced back into the environment. We often design systems that convert waste to energy or create biogas that can be used in facility operations.
Black & Veatch-delivered systems protect the environment and conserve precious water supply. We deliver solutions that preserve and protect groundwater and watersheds, provide effective flood control, and manage storm drainage. Helping clients make wise use of water resources, we implement systems for water reuse and desalination as well as those to help harness renewable energy and valuable resources.
Our clients get the benefit of advisors who use proven methods, industry best practices and advanced analytical models to help clients optimize asset performance. We support our clients through their whole asset lifecycle. A “line of sight” is important in asset management and our service offerings. With a focus on data, Black & Veatch helps to drive a coordinated effort in realizing value across our clients’ organizations.
Black & Veatch’s Asset Management and Information Solutions group has grown rapidly and has an exciting opportunity for professionals interested in applying Geographic Information System (GIS) skills and technologies to the challenges of managing water, wastewater, stormwater and energy utility infrastructure.
Our success has been founded on a combination of a team-centric culture and a collaborative, client-focused mentality committed to delivering technical excellence – every time! Asset management, and specifically asset management information solutions which includes technologies such as GIS, has been identified as a strategic growth area for the firm and provides exciting career possibilities and potential for interested professionals.
Desired experience includes all facets of GIS including geodatabase design, data development, high-end analysis. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity (if not already established) to develop expertise in the integration of GIS with other technologies such as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and hydraulic modeling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a mid-level GIS/Systems Analyst position in the Planning & Asset Management Department of Black & Veatch. Position is based in Kansas City, MO; Dallas, TX; or Denver, CO. Position provides GIS and Information Management-related support to a wide variety of utility and engineering projects in the water and energy sectors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Performs analytical, technical, and/or developmental tasks, such as:
• Responsible for completion of moderately complex GIS processes including: data compilation, analysis, manipulation and mapping.
• Assists in the development of water, waste/storm water utility modeling and master plans, asset management / CMMS implementations, facility integrity studies, site selection / routing studies, alternative energy investigations, data compilation, and analysis projects.
• Evaluates spatial data needs for projects, which may include utilization of client data, acquisition of data from various sources and data creation.
• Works with project team to prepare proposals, technical papers, presentations, reports and implementation plans; define GIS application strategies; and to develop detailed project deliverables.
• Translates and inputs existing data, including site plans and hard copy / electronic maps into a common format.
• Ensures compliance with project requirements of accuracy / specifications for scope of service and overall quality.
• Establishes and maintains required files to document data references, analytical methods, calculations and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• Performs additional tasks specific to an area of expertise or technology.
Bachelors' degree in Physical, Earth, or Life Science from an accredited university; or equivalent job-related experience. Typically a minimum of 3 years of experience performing related activities. Solid knowledge of GIS applications / development tools as applicable. Exposure to engineering-related concepts and functions desired. UK Qualification: Working towards industry recognised qualification or chartership e.g. RGS chartered Geographer.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Physical, Earth, Life Science, Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university (or equivalent work experience).
• 3+ years of GIS experience in a dynamic and diverse information analysis environment.
• Proficient with Esri ArcGIS suite of applications and extensions and Microsoft Office tools.
• Solid understanding and aptitude for working with relational databases.
• Excellent time / data management, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience developing, monitoring, and managing project deliverables, budgets, and schedules.
• Enthusiastic about learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions.
Experience with the following is considered advantageous:
• Exposure to engineering-related concepts and functions (i.e., technical experience in GIS support of water distribution or wastewater collection systems).
• Familiarity with GIS components of hydraulic modeling and/or CMMS applications (such as Lucity, Cityworks, Cartegraph, Infor, Maximo, etc.).
• Knowledge of ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, SQL Server, Oracle, Model Builder, Python, web development, or similar.
• Familiarity of AutoCAD or MicroStation and conversion to/from GIS.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.