Black & Veatch Social Media Manager in Denver, KS, Colorado
Social Media Manager
CO-Denver, KS-Overland Park
Business Line:Corp-Strategic Sales & Mrktng
Black & Veatch is a global leader in engineering, construction and consulting services for the energy, water and communications markets. Our professionals leverage advanced technology and our innovative culture to provide solutions focused on sustainability, resilience and improving the quality of life for communities around the world.
Global Marketing & Communications (GMC) is the global marketing and business development unit that builds strong relationships with external influencers and client decision makers in order to significantly enhance Black & Veatch’s revenue. GMC’s focus is to increase global brand awareness and build client relationships that directly contribute to revenue by deploying innovative marketing and communications solutions. This includes leveraging strong and compelling thought leadership content and having joint goals with sales. With a vision that focuses on revenue, relationships and reputation, GMC collaborates with all of our Business Units to align GMC strategies with the needs of the businesses.
This Social Media Manager position will serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert in social and digital media strategy development and tactical campaign execution. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Media Relations, this individual can be based in our Overland Park, KS headquarters or Denver regional office, and will guide and support global reputation, marketing and revenue growth efforts.
This is a first line leadership position, with responsibility for overseeing one or more related functions or significant projects in the following areas: social media, public relations, marketing and communications, including thought leadership activities, branding, recruiting, employee advocacy and reputation management. Primary responsibility is to manage the social media channel strategy including components of marketing campaigns, employee-related activities and day-to-day monitoring. This professional must understand, develop and communicate the social media strategy and vision to assigned work groups. They will ensure alignment to functional, business line and sales-enabling company strategies across our global footprint.
Critical skills include social/digital media strategy development and execution, content development, organic and paid project/campaign management, promotion and engagement strategies, data analytics and familiarity with leading social media platforms and best practices. Experience in branding activities including marketing campaigns, search engine optimization and marketing automation platforms is preferred. Familiarity with global social media strategies and tactics is also preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Experience with creating, curating and managing published content – images, videos and written – to reach targeted customer groups.
• Experience or deep understanding of B2B marketing preferred.
• Ability to develop and drive global-level strategies proven by testing and metrics, and to tweak strategy as needed.
• Ability to analyze campaigns and translate/communicate data to contributors/stakeholders across business lines. Results and ROI should tie back to marketing/recruitment/branding objectives.
• Experience in providing direction to assigned project teams or work groups in a lead project management capacity.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Deep knowledge of mainstream social media channels and how they function in format (mobile and desktop); knowledge of global usage of these channels is a plus.
• Experience using social media channels for crisis response and reputation management requirements
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following (Professional responsibilities may cross functions as needed):
• Responsible for developing and implementing an engaging and unique company “voice” across all social media platforms and ensuring that all messages adhere accordingly.
• Respond to comments and inquiries as appropriate.
• Develop/manage company relationships with prominent market outlets, including key media and influencers.
• Project management for a work group or project team.
• Serves as an advisor to business line or smaller subsets of the company.
• Establishes priorities; provides work direction and assignments; monitors work to ensure deadlines met; conducts review.
• Typically has influence on budget for social media campaigns and monitors for performance.
• Brand management is considered complex and critical to the overall success of the company
• Participates in the development and implementation of strategic plans to develop and promote content to maximize company sales and contribute to profitable growth.
• Focus is on a single, easily identified brand
• Communications & Marketing
• Deep understanding of SEO principles (e.g., keyword research and Google Analytics), and how SEO informs a social media strategy.
• Manages social media activities e.g. assigning and/or leading projects, developing/reviewing/ editing/approving all forms of content for digital use.
• Participates in forecasting of internal and external needs to develop content for a wide variety of complex marketing and communications applications and programs.
• Responsible for managing a production schedule.
• Applies advanced communication knowledge, skills and principles.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing work, critical thinking and problem solving.
• Monitors budget performance of assigned projects.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships and contacts with prime, trade, local and social media outlets, creating earned media opportunities
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience. 6+ years progressive experience, including 2+ years supervisory.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of social media/marketing/branding/ communications concepts
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with social media influencers, internal stakeholders and senior leaders
• Experience developing and leading social media campaigns
• Working knowledge and experience in developing content for digital use
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills
• Strong research and analysis skills
• Intermediate problem solving and organization skills
• and industry knowledge
• Applies advanced copy writing and editing skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.