Black & Veatch Dams Program/Project Manager - Water Business in Denver, Colorado
Dams Program/Project Manager - Water Business
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Lead multi-disciplinary team responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction management of large heavy civil infrastructure projects including dams, tunnels, pipelines and hydroelectric power installations. Work collaboratively with clients to ensure client satisfaction with team performance and project milestones.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide managerial and technical leadership and oversight to multi-disciplinary team delivering program, planning, design and construction management services to clients for heavy civil infrastructure including dams, pipelines and tunnels.
• Communicates confidently with clients, regulators, public stakeholders and team members.
• Provide direction and guidance to others.
• Breaks down complex multi-disciplinary tasks for completion by team members.
• Performs quality control function on technical work products prepared by junior staff and other members of Heavy Civil business.
• Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area.
• Client Focus
o Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
o Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility.
Bachelor of science degree.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 15 years related work experience
• Experience in managing teams and multidisciplinary projects
• Experience working directly with clients
• Registered Professional Engineer, Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer
• Experience with dam safety projects including new dams and dam rehabilitations
• Experience working with Colorado State Engineer’s Office (dam safety) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
• Experience with the investigation, study, analysis, detailed design and construction of dams
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.