Black & Veatch Area Market Leader - Infrastructure Planning, Water Business in Dallas, Texas
Area Market Leader - Infrastructure Planning, Water Business
Black & Veatch is a leader in planning and asset management, offering expertise with water, wastewater, recycled water, and storm water. We understand the issues involved in providing water and wastewater system planning efforts that include master planning, hydraulic and water quality modeling, demand/flow projections, asset management, energy efficiency/optimization, and CIP development and financial projections. Knowledge of the latest technology and skill in the use of the most up-to-date tools – including geographic information systems (GIS), demand/flow analysis programs, and the latest hydraulic models. Black & Veatch takes pride in our professionals’ ability to see the entire water delivery cycle, from water supply to wastewater disposal. This vision allows our professionals to create more resilient systems and generate overall long-term cost savings for our Clients. With an integrated global workforce of highly skilled and experienced scientists, engineers and technicians, we are well-equipped to handle all water and wastewater infrastructure concerns. In addition to receiving top rankings in many engineering journals, the Water business has helped to shape regulatory approaches and develop innovative technologies, which further distinguish Black & Veatch from other engineering firms.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an Area Market Leader in our Infrastructure Planning Group in Texas. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and experience with water system planning and hydraulic modeling and familiarity with wastewater and recycled water systems and planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Our U.S. infrastructure planning business has seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from water scarcity, climate variability, aging infrastructure and the need for better asset management systems, reduction in revenues, and evolving water quality regulations. In Texas, we anticipate an increased demand for water, wastewater, recycled water infrastructure planning and design driven by population growth and aging infrastructure, as well as by new regulations and the increasing need to improve system resiliency. This represents a strategic business opportunity for Black & Veatch, and the Infrastructure Planning Area Market Leader position is designed to help the company grow our market share in Texas by providing world-class infrastructure planning services.
• Infrastructure Planning leader and primary point of contact for external and internal clients within the Texas market area
• Leverage and build relationships with key infrastructure planning leaders and decision makers throughout Texas
• In conjunction with Infrastructure Planning leadership, develop additional components to existing business development / marketing strategy for this market
• Support marketing and business development activities related to water, wastewater, and recycled water system planning and asset management
• Manage execution of planning projects for water, wastewater, and recycled water systems
• Perform technical work on water system modeling and planning studies
• Mentor mid- and junior-level engineers in water system modeling and planning
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 10+ years of infrastructure planning work with focus on water systems
• Experience in a client-facing/business development role
• Recognized Infrastructure Planning Leader in this market with knowledge of regional drivers, key water and wastewater providers, and other market influencers.
• Experience leading project teams and executing infrastructure planning and design projects
• Have proficiency with water hydraulic modeling software such as:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.