Black & Veatch Infrastructure Planning Engineer 2 - Water Business in Charlotte, North Carolina
Infrastructure Planning Engineer 2 - Water Business
As an employee-owned, global leader in building critical infrastructure in the energy, water, telecommunications and government services markets, Black & Veatch has a long-standing reputation for providing world-class service to our clients.
Our U.S. infrastructure planning business has seen consistent growth driven by our clients’ needs to address challenges stemming from water scarcity, climate variability, aging infrastructure and the need for better asset management systems, reduction in revenues, and evolving water quality regulations. In North Carolina and many other areas of the U.S., we anticipate an increased demand for water, wastewater, recycled water infrastructure planning and design driven by population growth and aging infrastructure, as well as by new regulations and the increasing need to improve system resiliency. This position reflects Black & Veatch’s need to growth our Infrastructure Planning Team in the Southeast as well as nationally.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Planning Engineer in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with water and/or wastewater system hydraulic modeling and planning and have a strong interest in specializing in water and wastewater infrastructure planning studies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an Infrastructure Planning Engineer in Black & Veatch’s industry leading National Planning group
• Local, national, and global project assignment opportunities
• Use of cutting edge hydraulic modeling and GIS software to solve client issues
• Performs system analyses and calculations software tools and develops concise reports document results
• Duties focus in the areas of water and wastewater hydraulic modeling, master planning, asset management, and water supply planning
• Perform technical work on water system modeling and planning studies:
o Capital Improvement Program (CIP) planning
o Evaluating water system water quality
o Planning water distribution and wastewater collection systems
o Analyzing historical demands/flows and preparing future demand/flow projections
o Pumping and storage capacity analyses
o Financial analyses and projections
• Support marketing and business development activities related to water, wastewater, and recycled water system planning and asset management
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 1 year related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Professional experience and/or college education with cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher in areas civil or environmental engineering with an emphasis in Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulics, and/or Water Resources
• Familiarity with Geographic Information System (GIS) technology and GIS software (i.e. ArcGIS)
• Capable in MSWord, MSExcel, PowerPoint
• Familiarity with hydraulic modeling software such as:
o WaterGEMS / SewerGEMS
o WaterCAD / SewerCAD
o InfoWater / InfoSewer
o EPA Net / EPA SWMM
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.