Black & Veatch (Senior) Expediter 4 in Beijing, China
(Senior) Expediter 4
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Oversees assigned expediting activities for a project(s) and may be responsible for self-executing any and all related activities. May be required to support other procurement duties.
May lead others with expediting responsibilities, requiring no supervision.
May lead Procurement Team initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands project requirements from initiation, is proactive on the information available and manages the development of the project expediting plan.
• Expert understanding and ability to use the expediting tools used to track vendor performance and deliverables.
• Coordinates, leads and manages the tracking process through appropriate communications with the project and supply chain and collaboration with engineering and material receiving regarding tracked submittals and equipment status.
• Reviews and evaluates Vendor schedules (production planning, shop workflow, material acquisition, assembly, shipment) to identify discrepancies in regards to established project requirements.
• Calculates, tracks and maintains liquidated damage (or other, as required) positions, following contracted agreed articles. Assist with resolution of related contract positions with the supply chain.
• Prepares status reports and presents to project management. Suggests and implements enhancements when appropriate.
• Responsible for shop visits to monitor / check progress and shop position, and can review schedules and identify production inefficiencies.
• Is able to analyze the Vendor's scope of work and suggest potential cost/labor savings or more effective methods in their manufacturing facility.
• May receives, organizes and uploads equipment shipping details to field material receiving system, or coordinates this information with the field for upload.
• Understands contracts with Vendors, including third party expediting agreements and their responsibilities under these agreements.
• Manages the expenses and manpower to complete project expediting activities within the budget provided.
• Pursues continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Trains and mentors others in the function of an Expediter.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Instills trust
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.