Black & Veatch Field Engineering Manager (Owner’s Engineer) – Est. 24 months in Beijing, China
Field Engineering Manager (Owner’s Engineer) – Est. 24 months
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Provides technical direction/interpretation of design drawings and specification requirements as well as general guidance to subcontractors on overall design. May sign-off on field designs or re-designs performed in the field.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Field Engineering Manager will report to the Project Field Manager and be responsible for providing technical guidance and supervision to the local engineering staff subcontracted to Black & Veatch and serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. Will take the lead to administer technical information request submitted to the EPC contractor.
• Will assist to develop project weekly and monthly status reports.
• Project Coordination: Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on the project. Coordinates with Home Office (Kansas City) Engineering Manager any items requiring technical resolution. Focuses on client's daily needs and situations. Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to the project. Actively advances knowledge management of the enterprise and provides mentoring.
• Resource Management - (budgets, tools, processes, project support): Implements resource management strategy. Manages engineering resources for small groups. Resolves resource conflicts and identifies training needs. Review and approve weekly timesheets and measurement bulletins (invoices) of local engineer subcontracted to Black & Veatch.
• Ensures local engineering personnel meets performance requirements for services under subcontract
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either an ABET accredited program in the USA or an engineering program, offered by a foreign institution, accepted as valid in the home country or the country in which the individual is practicing. 6+ yrs construction management experience in similar facility construction. PE required or degree + 10 yrs design experience and 6+ yrs construction experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years related work experience. At least 5 years of relevant experience as engineering manager on construction of international large scale (>400 MW) or combined cycle power projects.
• Demonstrated success in leading and working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English. Knowledge in the Portuguese and/or Spanish language is a plus.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.