Black & Veatch Structural Engineer 1 in Bangkok, Thailand
Structural Engineer 1
Functions in an entry level engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare basic of engineering studies and reports following standard methods and principles
• Perform design and engineering calculations for tower and rooftop building components and structural framing systems
• Coordinate preparation of design, details, plans and drawings within assigned task areas
• Monitor project schedules to meet required turnaround time
• Understand relationships between work processes and the business
• Prepare letters for replies to clients/contractor correspondences
• Prepare basic design sketches for drafting and incorporation into final plans
• Develops familiarity with telecom industry design standards and codes
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil engineering, with an emphasis on structural design. Associate Civil Engineer certificate, or equivalent
• 0-2 years experience in structural analysis and design/communication tower design will be an advantage
• Working knowledge of a variety of computer programs including MS Office, LPILE, RISA-3D and TNX Tower
• Basic Knowledge of design codes and regulations in buildings and towers design
• Organizing and coordination skills
• Good command of written and spoken English
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.